This lecture is Sunday, November 14, 2021.
Hip Hop As Liberation Theology is a lecture rooted in womanist praxis with an emphasis on hip hop as a socio-political and spirit/religion based ideology. This conversation will
1) CENTERS black women and other marginalized voices in its citation
2) ASK us to think about why hip hop should be considered a sacred text
3) CONSIDERS what are the so called “good” and so called “bad” behaviors and truths that have been learned as a result of hip hop
4) QUESTIONS how we might use hip hop as an essential tool to heal black people
5) PONDERS how we might use hip hop as a tool to deconstruct cis patriarchal white supremacy
6) GIVES us space to discuss the ethics around considering who is worthy of being preached to and centered in religious/spiritual discussions.
****WILL BE RECORDED AND AVAILABLE FOR 24 HOURS AFTER LIVE LECTURE. ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE A LINK TO WATCH THE REPLAY AFTER THE EVENT IS OVER. THE LINK WILL BE LIVE FOR 7 Days.
THIS IS A GREAT OPTION FOR IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO WATCH THE LECTURE LIVE. AS THIS IS AN ONLINE EVENT WITH 7 DAYS FLEXIBLE WATCH TIME AVAILABLE – THERE ARE NO REFUNDS. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.*****